keep children safe on outings whilst in
my care - I will ensure that:
ratio of adults to children on any outing will never be less than 1
Adult per 6 children.
carry out a trial run and full risk assessment of the proposed
obtain written parental permission for children to take part in
local outings whilst in my care and specific written permission for
longer or more involved outing.
take essential records and equipment for each child on outings as
necessary, including contact telephone numbers for parents, a
kit and a mobile telephone.
keep records for parental inspection of any vehicles in which
transported, including insurance details and a list of named
will ensure that any driver transporting children in their own
adequate insurance cover.
- I adhere to my lost child
procedure - see below..
Lost Child Procedure
Childminder and assistants will make every possible effort to prevent a child becoming lost on outings:
- by ensuring safe supervision and continuous monitoring.
- by teaching personal and road safety whilst out and about, including - where appropriate - who 'safe adults' are and how to contact emergency services.
- We carry 'childminding passports' - which identify us and our car; and which contain photographs and relevant contactand health details for the children currently in our care.
- Children wear contact tags/bands that help a 'safe' adult to contact me in the event that they find the lost child first.
In the event that a child does become lost, we will:
- Co-ordinate a thorough search of the locality and telephone the police immediately -
- Notify Parents/Guardians.
- Contact emergency cover childminder/assistants or responsible person to collect and/or provide safe supervision of other children, until situation is resolved or parents can be contacted to collect their children.
- Notify OFSTED